[Roadsters] My opinion-> AUCTION ON EBAY

peter harrison granvillecomputing at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:55:23 MST 2008

Given the disclaimer below as contained in the eBay offering - whether the guy
is a f^&%'ing idiot or not,  it strikes me that he is uninformed and ready to
admit it.  Honestly, I don't get the fuss about this - and for the expected
price - probably $3,250 eventually, looks like quite a good deal IMVHO.

Not too keen on the whitewalls - but that is just perspective.

NOTE:  I want to emphasize that I really don't know what year this car is, or
whether it is a prototype or not.  If you look at the history / Japanese
Roadster pages and then Fairlady Prototypes section of fairlady.org you can
see the right-hand drive car unveiled at the 1961 Tokyo Motorshow looks
strikingly like this car, but obviously that's not conclusive.
http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/Prototypes.htm The same prototype was also
shown in New York in 1962.  There are many people more expert with these cars
than I am.  I have been told it is indeed a 1961 prototype.  I have been told
it isn't.  I have been told it's not a 1967, but rather a 1967 and a half.  I
have also been told it's neither a 1961, 1967, or a 1967.5, but rather that
Nissan/Datsun often mis-printed the years on many of their cars, or were not
consistent in how they used VIN and engine numbers.  If any of that is
important to you, please do your homework, as the car is sold as-is and I
leave the responsibility for ascertaining information about what this unique
item is to you.