[Roadsters] Solvang 2008

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Tue Apr 29 00:14:47 MDT 2008

This message is intended primarily for those who have never attended Solvang,
or any other large Datsun roadster gathering.  But I hope those on the List
who contributed to this year's great weekend, led by Jeff and Gabby Torres,
recognize the praise being offered.

This was my first experience with a roadster gathering.  Period.  Wow!  What a
great weekend.  Now, I had just completed the purchase of a beautiful '67-1/2
2000 restored by Paul Gabriel.  So, my wife and I had a roadster to drive to
Solvang.  But, we had such a great time -- all the roadster people are so warm
and genuine -- we will make every effort to go back next year, although
without a roadster.  (It's a long haul from Chicago to Solvang, and, although
I love my roadsters, there's no way I'll drive one across the country again.)

I would encourage anyone who really likes these cars, and wants to be around
others who feel the same way, to go to Solvang in 2009.  I'm on information
overload from all the things I learned, and the connections I made.  Or,
select one of the other gatherings.  You'll have a great time.  But, for my
wife and me, it will be Solvang, so we can see the new friends we made again.

Congratulations to all the Solvang show winners -- what great cars.  To Ed
Mason from New Mexico:  To have seen your "Best of Show" '67-1/2 2000 was a
real treat.

Gary and Cindy Ault
SPL311-05917 (U20)
SRL311-00428