[Roadsters] Brakes

Herb Petty haabu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 8 17:31:43 MDT 2008

Ref   Screwed up rear brakes.

  I'm afraid , with out looking, That I don't understand the weld job?  However, if new rear shoes were installed & adjusted properly, this creats an automatic adjustment for the  E-brake.
  I believe properly adjusted rear brakes will allow the E-brake handle to rise  3-4 clicks on the E-brake ratchet.  I would think a decent brake shop could see this.  After installing new shoes,  The Nissan manual says to tighten each side ( brake shoes ) until snug.   Then back off  3 clicks on the adjuster.   This also gives the correct setting for the E-brake.
  Hope this helps.     My  1966, will hold on any hill if the tyres have traction !

  Herb Petty
  Modesto, Ca.