[Roadsters] Rear springs?

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon Feb 11 21:01:42 MST 2008

Paul,

Many years ago (maybe 30), I had a helper leafput into the rear springs of
my '66 1600/U20.  Man, it solved the problem of bottoming, but at a price.
The back end was so stiff ....

My extra leaf was second to the longest.  If you go that route, I'd try one
between the shortest and the second shortest.  But I also would try to get
some prediction of how much additional compression was being added, in
pounds per inch.  I don't know what the resistance of the stock springs is,
so I won't be much help in that regard.

In my case, I put new rear springs on the car, but that was maybe 1982.  If
these prove to sag, I'll try the short leaf approach with the thinnest leaf
I can get -- minimal "boost".

Gary Ault