[Roadsters] volvo brake conversion

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 17 20:38:25 MST 2008

Hi Gary T,
Just make sure that you are operating the disc brakes from the FRONT circuit
on the master cylinder.
On a disc/drum combination type M/C, the FRONT circuit is the only one
intended for disc brakes.
If the hydraulic circuits on the M/C are reversed, then the Residual
Pressure Valve for the rear drums will be retaining pressure in the front
callipers instead!!
Not desireable!

"One I'm trying to resolve is the front brakes.
The Volvo calipers are heating up and locking the brakes after  a short
(15min or so) drive.  After the brakes cool, the wheels turn freely
again but when they are hot, I can't push the car.   Any ideas on this.
I'm using Dean's dual master cylinder setup.  I've thought about  buying new
pads and seeing if I can get them machined down slightly to compensate for
the expansion.  Don't know if that's possible yet.
Anyone experienced this trouble before?
Gary Tew
Peoria, AZ
67 1600 VG30E"