[Roadsters] OT- new ebay rules what the heck?

Bubba bubwin at mts.net
Wed Oct 1 19:49:44 MDT 2008

It's because of the sellers that hold positive feedback hostage, and won't
give feedback until positive is left.  So they could leave negative feedback
anyways if they wanted to be A$$holes.  The way I see it is:

If I sell something and the buyer pays quickly or on time, or communicates
there may be a delay of one or two days.  The transaction is done on my end
once the item is shipped.  I'm supposed to give the feedback on this part of
the transaction, and should be giving positive feedback.

Now as a buyer,   If I pay early, quick or on time, or if there is a
REASONABLE delay of 1-2 days, AND I ok this delay with the seller, I should
be given Positive Feedback.  I should be getting Positive feedback based on
communicating and paying.  I should not have to give feedback to get it.
However. if I don't pay I deserve negative feedback.

Once the Item arrives, if it's not what was expected, I should have to try
to resolve it before giving any feedback.  Negative feedback should be given
only if there is a problem that  does not get resolved.  If I'm not happy,
and the seller won't do anything, or answer communications they deserve
negative feedback.

Now if the seller does nothing to resolve the issue, refuses to communicate,
and I give negative feedback, but I paid on time, do I deserve negative?
No.  I held my part of the deal, and as such should be rewarded with
positive feedback for that.  In a case where the seller was paid quickly or
on time, won't do anything to resolve a problem, receives negative feedback,
they should not be able to give negative, just because the buyer gave it to
them.  But that's what was happening.

Just because the seller is a less than honorable person, those of us who are
honest, and good e-bayers should not be penalized.

Unfortunately the bad sellers, and Ransom feedbackers, have ruined it for
anyone selling.  They didn't follow the rules anyways, so the rules were
changed.

And yes I've had feedback withheld from a seller waiting for my feedback.
And because of issues with the products tried to contact the seller but
couldn't get the issue resolved, if I had left negative, would I receive
positive because I was honest and paid quick.  Yeah, and if you believe
that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you can have real cheap!

If they withhold feedback, I don't give feedback until they do.  I e-mail
and say the product arrived, and I'm happy.  When I receive their feedback
based on my TRANSACTION part, not the follow-up part of the deal, I leave
the same.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender