[Roadsters] Datsun Alternator

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Sun Oct 12 13:19:15 MDT 2008

Jim,

The diodes are mounted on plates inside of the alternator case.

There are brushes to make contact with the armature.  When you reassemble
the alternator you should look for small holes in the alternator case
through which you insert wires to hole the brushes away from the armature
util you have the case reassembled.  Then pull the wires to release the
brushes.  Clean the armature up with very fine emmery cloth.  The diodes
require an ohmeter to check.  Assembling the alternator should be pretty
straight forward with brush wires in place.

I guess I need to finish the Leece/Neville alternator training manual
published in 1959 as a training manual for the introduction of alternators
in the 1960 Chrysler products.  There is some good info there.  The scans
are done, but I have not had time to get it into PDF format.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com