[Roadsters] Problem #1 solved

Andrew Murphy solex675 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:28:55 MDT 2008

All,

Thanks very much for all of the replies. Everyone had great ideas and the one
that worked for me was the one I got from Jon Frampton.

His advice was to blow air into the gas tank while someone cranks the engine.
Being home alone today I fugured what the hell and performed what probably
looked like an unnatural act on the filler neck and when I checked the bowl
after it was full! A few cranks and she started right up and after checking
all of my clamps and hoses and other fittings (I just installed a new
radiator), I took the car for a short spin and she drove fine.

So I guess priming the pump did the trick although I thought that if I primed
the pots on the carbs and put fuel in the bowl it would be enough to get
things going but oh well...

So it's great to be out on the road again!

Thanks again for all of the replies,

Andrew Murphy
1966 1600
I'll be in Vegas on December 31st getting married
Lake Forest, CA.