[Roadsters] How do you clean a gas tank?

robert k. smith rksmith46 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:50:38 MDT 2008

hi joseph, first i would try to look in the tank to see how it looks. you can

look in the filler spot with a bright lite(ok). or you can take the sender out
of the

top of the tank and use a bright lite(better). also look in the fuel filter
for trash.

and if you drain the tank first, you might see trash coming out, or at the

least, you can see better with the lite the other ways.

about the carbs: be sure to take the fittings loose at the top of the float

chambers, and make sure the screens are clean(inside the banjo bolts).

good luck, bob smith, ohio.> Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:42:29 -0700> From:
jedwabny at earthlink.net> To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net> Subject:
[Roadsters] How do you clean a gas tank?> > My 68 spl is hard to start. I
never synced the carbs but I have done a tune up, etc.> One thing I never
thought about was crud in the gas tank.> How do you clean one?> > Thanks in
http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >