[Roadsters] grounded starter--different question

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sun Oct 19 11:26:45 MDT 2008

I never had the engine out of this car. It was running fine at the beginning of last summer (08). It was the brakes that were bad. I never had the time to deal with them. Once I started to work on the brakes about three weeks ago, the car would not start. This is when I noticed the negative battery cable was run to the smog pump bracket by the PO.

I ran the neg cable to the frame, ran a ground strap from the front of the engine to the frame and another strap from the starter to the frame and she fired right up.

But why would she still run the way she was set up before?

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- Pat <Pat at HorneSystemsTx.com> wrote:

Tim,

Did you possibly move the battery ground cable from the engine to the
body when you put the engine back in?

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Tim:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems	(512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443