[Roadsters] datsun ealry 67 1600 head gasket

Daryl Smith drlsmith at dccnet.com
Thu Oct 23 12:21:46 MDT 2008

The rust there concerns me as it doesn't appear to have anything to do with
the missing bit of gasket. You may have a bit of a warp in the head if the
previous owner overheated it.

At the very least, I would have the head checked for straightness and
machined true if nescessary. If it needs machining, get it thoroughly
checked over.

Clean the block and bores (soft cloth!) as thouroughly as possible and post
some more pictures. Close ups of the rusty bores and spot where the gasket
blew out.

Did you drain the coolant before you pulled the head? The block looks to be

Daryl