[Roadsters] rear brake cylindars

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 06:20:19 MDT 2008

According to the racing stuff I have read changing the cylinder size was
used to change the brake bias between the front and rear. The factory bias was
designed around stock tires. With race tires and suspension mods you might
find
 that either the front or rear would lock up first. A bigger rear cylinder
would  add braking force to the back and a smaller one would move force to the
front.

keith

In a message dated 10/23/2008 2:08:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sandhoff at csus.edu writes:

> I  have read that the 15/16" rears are usable on the later model  cars.

Changing cylinder size will change the balance between  front
and rear brakes, and change the brake pedal travel and  force
required.

-- John
John F  Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento,  CA
You are subscribed as  keith0alan at aol.com