[Roadsters] my son's roadster clutching

nmleeds at mindspring.com nmleeds at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 24 12:29:14 MDT 2009

Watch out for some of the clutch kits.  We got one with the correct serial numbers and everything which was the wrong spec.  It took us forever to figure it out because we assumed that if the clutch was labelled correctly and was installed without incident that it must be correct.

I hope the same hasn't happened to you.  The only thing you can do to test is to lift the car, disconnect the driveshaft and see if it is disengauging when someone steps on the clutch.  If you suspect that the problem is the master and slave, you can use the slave pin adjustment to push the fork further out and see if you can get disengaugment that way -- but make sure to readjust it when you are done.