[Roadsters] What did you do this weekend? 2/1/09

ljordan704 at netscape.net ljordan704 at netscape.net
Sun Feb 1 18:50:33 MST 2009

Hello all,

I had a nice day of Datsun therapy. I went over to Peter's house and we took off the old oil pan on my car, rather easily, using? a soft chisel in a couple spots and a few rubber mallet whacks. I checked the oil and there were no metal bits. Then the new cork gasket with #2 Permatex non hardening sealer on the gasket installed on the shiny newly refurbished pan I had, then adding more on the mating surface of the car. Tightened it all up carefully from the center and going round multiple times to just finally snug everything up. New oil and filter and... no leaks. Yeah! The old gasket was crumbly trashed, no wonder it leaked. With idling and driving I see that the pressure is up slightly and at idle the oil pressure does not go to zero but is slightly above. Conclusion is that eliminating leaks is a good thing. (Duh)
My thanks to Peter for his direction and assistance, jack stands, jack and correct tools.
On Peter's car it looks like the Petronix is dead as we determined his new coil was working afterall.
Looks like he can get a new Petronix part so all is not lost, and his car should run soon. Yeah!
What did you do this weekend?

Linda
68 1600