[Roadsters] Donna Mae Mims, a great lady

Paul 9laser3 at bright.net
Fri Oct 9 14:04:51 MDT 2009

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?n=donna-mae-mims
<http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?n=donna-mae-mims
&pid=134114269> &pid=134114269

I met Donna Mae at Nelson Ledges where she worked the starting grid whenever
Steel Cities Region held a SCCA race.  Even at 80, she was still active with
racing.  When I asked her she had never raced a Datsun, she told me that if
Paul Neumann had offered her a ride, she would have!  (Not sure if she meant
racing or a late night ride!?)  She autographed my Cannonball Run book,
"Donna Mae, . or may not".

  I will miss seeing the Lady in Pink every time I'm back at Nelson Ledges.

Paul

Ohio