[Roadsters] To Chrome or Not to Chrome, That Is The Question

nmleeds at mindspring.com nmleeds at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 28 10:29:08 MST 2009

I hate to be this guy.  But you might want to consider the enviromental impact of chroming.  Unlike paint, which has gotten better and can be handled in enviromentally responsible ways, chrome is just, plain, nasty.  This is something I've been thinking about ever since a guy at my local paint shop said he ships his stuff to Mexico because it has become almost impossible to find a licensed chrome shop in California.

Of course, this cuts both ways.  Chrome is so nasty that in five years (hell, if buddy in the White House wakes up, then even less) it might not be possible to chrome at all.  So, as the expression goes, pollute while the iron is hot.

I'll leave it to you (and the hecklers on the list) to decide how to weigh enviromental concerns against Datsun concerns, but I thought I'd mention it as a factor to consider.