[Roadsters] FW: To Chrome or Not to Chrome, That Is The Question

Tim tputland at charter.net
Wed Oct 28 10:32:14 MST 2009

lol  I just locked it in the attic! ha

Tim

---- Dan Kroninger <d_kroninger at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
I can vouch for that, it is one BEAUTIFUL piece.  I might have to "borrow"
that one day when he is not looking.  LOL!

> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:56:27 -0700
> From: tputland at charter.net
> To: stebharvey at ameritech.net; datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] To Chrome or Not to Chrome, That Is The Question
>
> $250 seems pretty good to me. I got a quote from a guy in Madison for a 1600
grille, $500 to $600 with no garuantee it would be that "low". Granted, I did
have a 1600 grille.....

> Then I won Gary Tew's re-chromed grille on ebay for, I think, less than
$225. And it's beautiful!

> Tim
>

> ---- Steve Harvey <stebharvey at ameritech.net> wrote:
>
> =============
> Group,
>

> I sent out pictures of my 2000 grill to several re-chroming shops here in
> Wisconsin. All returned quotes of around 250.00 to prep and re-chrome the
> grill. The grill is rust and dent free but the original chrome is very
dull.
> Has anyone had components powder coated with the chrome-like paints that
are
> on the market? $250.00 just seems too expensive for such a small piece of
my
> project car. Any input is appreciated.
>

> Steve
>
> Milwaukee

Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMT
AGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen1:102009
You are subscribed as tputland at charter.net