[Roadsters] To Chrome or Not to Chrome, That Is The Question

MH twobeaners at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 28 11:10:20 MST 2009

My opinions only, I welcome others to disagree:
For $250, if it comes out basically perfect, that seems like a good deal,
comparing the going prices for near perfect or NOS as seen on Ebay. Also,
find out what kind of chroming process they use. The place I use here in KC
does the "show" chrome process involving triple plating, copper, nickel and
then chrome. Top of the line stuff, ...I'll be looking forward to a quote to
get my 1600 grill with one dent, restored.

My "other" opinion is that: .....it's a highly visible and high "bling"
factor of the car's outward appearance to any casual observer, moving or
parked,....meaning it's better to have a ragged, torn interior, and shiny
wheels and chrome than new seat covers, and crappy exterior.....like I said,
it's just my opinion. I've owned cars with each of these
scenarios,........in our society, it's the superficial taste that rules the
day, LOL!
Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-Speed