[Roadsters] Factory dents?

Steve Harvey stebharvey at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 29 13:50:59 MST 2009

I have three hoods and two cars. In working on my project car's hood I
noticed  spot welding dents on both sides of the lower end of the hood on
both sides of the "DATSUN" emblem. The other two hoods have the same exposed
dents as well. Did not the factory make any attempt to cover up these areas?
In stripping the project car to bare metal I noted the factory lead that was
applied in many areas of the body but not the hood. Interesting. Don't get
me wrong, I love my little car, I'm just wondering why the factory didn't
lead the hood as well. Or, do I have three "special bus" hoods?

Steve