[Roadsters] Transmission oil options for U20

J KRAKAUER jsk977 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 8 18:13:12 MDT 2010

 Red Line synthetic MTL 70W - 80 is GL-4, their 75W - 90 Hypoid gear oil for
differentials is GL-5. I use both in my E46 BMW and I actually noticed a
difference in the smoothness of shifting compared to the  "lifetime" OEM
synthetic. I have them in the roadster too,  it hasn't run since the oil was
changed, but no noticeable dripping at least while stationary.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099