[Roadsters] maybe I am not naming this part correctly???

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 10 10:21:21 MDT 2010

Tim,

The part in question is another capacitor (condenser) used as a noise
suppression device (shunts high frequency noise on the ignition circuit to
ground)- as someone said, to take noise off the radio circuit.  Car should
run
fine without one.  Could run poorly (or not at all) if it is degraded or
shorted.

To test it, you need an old analog ohm meter (not digital), set it on the
lowest
ohm setting and when you measure between the lead and the case, it should
look
like a short circuit immediately and then charge up to a high ohm value.
Also,
suggest testing with the device hot.

Easier just to disconnect it, especially if you suspect that it is bad

Joe