[Roadsters] Save my roadster?

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 09:57:10 MDT 2010

I know a guy who fell out of an airplane and landed in a tree and
survived too.

Doesn't mean that's the "norm"...

I suspect that your "guy" who delivered a car with all of that stuff
wanted to "get out" and didn't care about the money.   Sounds to me like
you scored the deal of the century Tim.

I'm always amazed how Datsun Roadster owners complain there cars aren't
worth a fortune, but then expect all the parts to be super cheap too.

This is a 40+ year old car.  Only a small number were ever made and
imported to the US.  Most parts haven't been made in 4 decades...  DO
THE MATH.

Also, ever try buying parts for any other vehicle?  People complain
Roadster fenders are a couple hundred bucks.  Heck, the fender for my 92
Dodge pickup is a couple hundred bucks!

$1000 isn't unreasonable, but my guess is none of the cheap-ass roadster
owners will be willing to pay it.