[Roadsters] save my roadster---edited kinda

Fred Katz roadster at astound.net
Tue Jun 1 14:04:09 MDT 2010

I have run into a few deals over the years, and had to turn down some due to
lack of space. Deals happen! I got a "parts" car for $500 that had'nt run in
years, with a few boxes of spare parts. After towing it I cleaned up the carbs
and it started right up. The gal reluctantly let it go because her husband
wanted it out of the garage. Another parts car was given to me because the guy
was moving and needed it gone. Another roadster had a "blown" 2000 engine and
I got it for $175. It was a thrown bearing, easy to fix.

These were roadsters. One deal I regret not taking was when an old man offered
me two identical perfect 1951 Chevys with low mileage for free, because he
could no longer drive them.

Not everyone is driven by money, they just need to clear out stuff because of
life changes.

Fred - So.SF