[Roadsters] Temp sensor replacement

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Mon Jun 7 04:06:03 MDT 2010

There is a current discussion on the 311s site about testing and replacing
the sender.
http://311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12003
Hope it helps you!

"I spent Sunday troubleshooting my temp sensor, wiring and dash gauge (1970
1600) to determine which if any are working or not. I found a video on line
on how to check the sensor using my ohm meter as in, reading when cold and
readings after running the engine for 10 minutes. The video stated that
there should be around a 200 ohm difference from cold to hot which is what I
saw. I'm still not convinced that the sensor is good so I found a new
replacement sensor and want to do the R&R. Any tips on how to replace the
sensor without causing more problems then I started with?"