[Roadsters] torn soft top boot

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Jun 15 12:49:41 MDT 2010

I managed to tear my soft top boot while installing it around the bracket for a newly installed wind baffle. The tear is down lowish by the package shelf and is about six inches long or so.

What is the best way to fix this? Can it be sewn effectively? I am not worried about what it will look like as the interior is not perfect. Should I just take it to an upholstery shop or can it be done by hand? (has any one sewn a vinyl tonneau or boot before?)

Thanks

Tim