[Roadsters] Fuel Gauge Sending Unit Electrical Connections

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Thu Jun 24 19:58:35 MDT 2010

Gary,

Does you temperature gauge work? In addition to the sender and the
gauge, there is a voltage regulator for the fuel gauge and the
temperature gauge, it is located on the steering column, right behind
the dash. It must be grounded and the two wires must go to the correct
terminal.

One way to determine if the problem is with the tank is to remove the
wire on the insulated pin on the top of the tank and ground it to the
body. If the gauge goes to full,the problem is at the tank. If not, it
is at the dash.

Are the right angle connectors you are talking about the flag terminal
type? if so you can get replacements at most auto parts houses, or just
crimp them a bit with a pair of pliers and slide them back on.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Gary Callahan, On 6/24/2010 7:06 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001