[Roadsters] 69 suspension re-assemble, part / Zerk question

Fergus O'Farrell fergus06 at socal.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 09:10:56 MST 2010

doing a front suspension rebuild, and a few questions:
1. there is a d-shaped "thingy" shown underneath the bump stop in the shop
manual:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/38.gif
appears to be either #45 or #48.
Mine didn't have it when coming apart, appears to be a shim of some sort.
What is it, and why?  (nad it it has no holes drilled in it, however would it
be mounted / afixed?)

2. My upper Ball joints have had the Zerk removed and a screw put in, both of
them.  I can fill them now (cause the A-arm is removed), but shouldn't there
be a Zerk here as well?

OK, 3rd question, what is the correct Zerk thread, as I'll probably install
one here.

And finally, am I the only one that gets a mental picture of some goon from
F-Troop when he says Zerk? (that is why I capitalize it....)

thanks,
Fergus O
69 2000