[Roadsters] question on correct size mounting acorn nuts for roadster convertible top

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon May 3 19:14:27 MDT 2010

Jon,

I know the early cars (up to '67-1/2) had SAE 5/16-24 threads, but did the
later (metric) cars retain the SAE threads?  The top pivots were changed to
non-adjustable types with the '68 models, as I recall, and I wonder whether
Nissan would have kept SAE threads on newer parts.

The 5/16-24 acorn nuts were very hard to find in stainless, but eventually I
did (20 years ago).

Gary