[Roadsters] front fender reinforcement?

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue May 4 05:14:53 MDT 2010

I currently have a "restored" (inner rust proofing and cancer fixed) set of front fenders on my 1600, temporarily at least, until I get a nicer set rust proofed. After massaging the first set onto the car, (they are rough from being on a car that was evidently in a front end accident), I have managed to put small dents on the tops of one. You know what I am talking about: the thin soft top edges that are prone to denting with very little pressure.

What I am wondering is this: Has any one reinforced this area from underneath? Is there anything that can be done to strengthen this area?

Thanks for any and all advice and thoughts.

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns