[Roadsters] Mitty & home again

Paul 9laser3 at bright.net
Tue May 4 08:04:01 MDT 2010

The final details from a great weekend at the Mitty at Road Atlanta;

1490 total miles round trip

48.5 gallons of gas @ average of $2.79 = $135

Top speed was a GPS registered 88.3 MPH (Thanks Keith!)

$0.00 spent on lodging (Thanks to Kathleen & Bobby's couch in Mt Airy, NC &
a life time collection of backpacking gear at home)

Used 1.5 quarts of oil (see top speed above for likely cause!)

A few BRE autographs.

A chance to visit with old friends.

An opportunity to meet some new 'list' friends.

  The only 'casualty' was discovered on Monday morning upon leaving Mt Airy
(Home of Andy, Barney, Aunt Bee, & Opie).  Before leaving home I bought new
wiper blades.  But I never thought to actually try the wipers!  Once again,
RainX got me through the down pour and fog as we crested the mountains just
into Virginia.  And that long long uphill climb was the only time the
temperature gauge got my attention.  Thankfully, it dropped back down once
we crested the top and half way down, the sun came back out and stayed out
for the rest of the ride home.

  And that all adds up to great racing, great cars, and even better friends!
Thanks to all my Datsun friends, those at the Mitty, and those that helped
me get my roadster ready for the trip.  Without the first group, it wouldn't
have been worth the long drive.  Without the second group, it wouldn't have
been possible!

  Next roadster gatherings are the MidOhio Vintage GP in June and the Indian
Lake Vintage Boat show in July.  Next 510 gathering for me will be Summit
Point next spring.  But now that the roadster is running so well, I'm sure
I'll fit in a few ice cream rides before any of them!

Paul

1969 KA24E roadster

Ohio