[Roadsters] Transmission interchange question

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Fri May 14 11:56:46 MDT 2010

Never heard of connecting a Miata transmission to a R16 or U20 motor, so would be interested in that website link.

Options are limited because the R16 and U20 engines have the starter on the left. Options I am aware of:

roadster 4-speed
roadster 5-speed
Datsun Diesel transmission, or use the bellhousing to adapt 71B or 71C trans. Search 311s.org forums for more info.

Pete