[Roadsters] Transmission interchange question

oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 14 13:40:43 MDT 2010

one more question on this topic - does the 5 speed or later 4 speeds connect
to the pre 67.5 engine?  has anyone actually done this?  I ask this because
I was told by many that the plastic fan would connect to any 1600 engine.
not true - the early (pre 67.5) engines are sae, not metric, and that fan
does not fit.

is there the same issue with the tranny's?  if not, are those fittings on
all cars sae????