[Roadsters] Alternator Upgrade

Hoon Kim hoonhkim at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:18:45 MDT 2010

Thanks everyone for the info. It sounds like I'll be upgrading to the 60 amp
GM one taken from an 81 Camaro with a 305.

It's hard for me to visualize what will be needed both mechanically and
electrically till I get it and see it for myself.
Looks like that one is at 3 o'clock and I'm assuming that it should be a
problem.

I just know that I went on a 400 mile rally and with my battery not charging
my drive home was not fun. I drove 2 hours on 680 at night with no brake
lights and my battery draining right before Altamont pass. Luckily I was
caravaning and swapped batteries with another car. Still not a fun way to
end a very fun weekend.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions while I try and get this installed.
Thanks
Hoon