[Roadsters] Another Carb problem

hallosb at juno.com hallosb at juno.com
Tue Nov 2 14:01:59 MST 2010

That's back wards.

You pull the choke to start your engine. When you pull the choke, it restricts
the air flow into the carburetor thereby enriching the fuel mixture. You need
to enrich the mixture when the engine is cold.

As the engine warms up, you push the choke in. When the engine is warm, you no
longer need the choke.

Modern cars with fuel injection usually have an extra injector called a cold
start injector. Same concept. The cold start injector temporarily enrichs the
cold engine to start it. Once the engine is warm it shuts off.

Dan
'66 1600