[Roadsters] grease

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:37:20 MST 2010

> When I decided to grease everything as part of restoring our 1969 2000,
> I found plug bolts instead of grease zerks in both upper ball joints and
> both ends of the tie rods on both sides... yikes, no grease in these
> components since birth at the factory!?!?

Sometimes, a frugal mechanic will unscrew the plug, install a zerk,
lube the joint, and replace the plug. And I can argue that's the best
way to do a U-joint.

That said, likely yours is the first aftermarket grease these parts
have seen :-)

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA