[Roadsters] Another Carb problem

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Tue Nov 2 19:34:24 MST 2010

David,

Yes, it is "out to start", "in to run".

I'd like to help, but there are too many possibilities.  If the car starts
without the choke, but will not run without it, something is real wrong. I
presume the ignition system is all in order, and compression is within
specs.  If you don't feel qualified to set the carbs up from first
principles, I'd get them to a professional.

If you like the car, and want it to run right out of the box, Z-Therapy is
pricey but they get it right.  You won't have to worry whether throttle
shafts leak, nozzles are worn, needles are worn, the suction pistons move
freely and are not worn, the relationship between the throttle butterflies
and the nozzles with the "choke" engaged is correct....

There is another outfit, whose name I do not recall, Cincinnati-based I
believe, which sometimes sells refurbished carbs on eBay.  I have no
experience with them, however.  I have installed a set of Z-Therapy carbs on
a friend's car, and it fired up and idled smoothly with no adjustments.
They were even close to being balanced correctly.

Gary