[Roadsters] wheels, exhaust

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Fri Nov 5 11:20:02 MST 2010

> Then I measure [my wheels] and they're 14" and the steel rims
> on my 66 are 15".

Stock is 13" on the early 310's with drum brakes, and
14" for the later ones. There's two widths of 14" as well, as
I recall early was 4" and later was 4.5" but don't quote me.
Your 15" wheels came from somewhere else...

> My muffler is way too loud. I look underneath and see apparently
> 1 muffler 1/2 way back, and another near the rear.

The one in "the middle" is the muffler, and the canister near the
end is a resonator, to smooth out the exhaust note.

I suspect the innards have blown out of the muffler and maybe
the resonator.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA