[Roadsters] 2011 Modesto Datsun Roadsters Polar Bear Run

Eric Gillis mkiisupra at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:49:09 MST 2011

Group/Listers, everyone!  Many of you may get this message multiple times, I
apologize ahead of time.

It's that time again, for the Modesto Annual Polar Bear Run. It is about 150
miles or so round trip, usually back in the Modesto area by 4:00. We will head
towards the foothills into Murphy's this year for lunch, maybe time for local
wine tasting if you want.

We'll meet on Sat, the 5th of Mar. at The Chevron on Albers Rd, in Oakdale.
Take 120 east to Oakdale from The Bay Area. Show up at 8:45 a.m. We will get
organized, and take off at or around 9:00 a.m. (Tops are optional) This year
we will head over towards highway 4, back through 49/132 (still undecided,
will make test run to figure out), with a couple of stops to kick tires and
for relief.

Please remember to bring a food item and/or something for the Pot-Luck lunch.
Bring your own plates, face wipers, & silverware/plastic knives& forks. Bring
a bottle of red wine or other beverage for your enjoyment. Instead of lunch
some folks like to check out the local historical downtown of Murphy's, and we
will announce a 'round up' time to start the afternoon run. Last year our
group ran into a wonderful group from of other tourers, I'd like to extend the
offer to other groups of auto lovers/enthusiasts.  DONT LET THE POT LUCK
ASPECT HOLD YOU BACK, THERE ARE ALWAYS EXTRAS. Though you may have to fight
for the wine...

If there are any major changes, I will use this list, and 311s.org for latest
details and planning. A nice warm jacket in the car doesn't take up much room.
I cannot reschedule this year for the following week, I will be hosting an
autocross in Atwater the following weekend, come on out for that at Castle Air
Force Base if you want to have a hoot two weeks in a row!

No raffle this year, keeping it simple this year! Come on out for a fun run!
No running roadster, no worries, the 510s, Zcars, A-H 3000, even the 'Vettes
are just as welcome!

Hope to see you on Saturday, March 5!

Eric Gillis
Modesto Datsun Roadsters