[Roadsters] diagnosis

Larry Braddock larrybraddock at ca.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 10:15:34 MST 2011

Thanks to all who responded to my post ( and so quickly).

I ended up reving it up to a high rpm while holding one of the suction pistons
all the way up, then the other, hoping to suck thru any blockage, and it
worked in large part. I was able to drive it on the freeway and rev it to
about 4000 (no tach), but it then would start to sputter some again.

So I now know where the problem is (between float bowls and carbs) and can
probably handle it this weekend.--Probably banjo bolt filters, which I didn't
know were there.

It was a lot of fun finally driving this car after all this time

Thanks to all again.

Larry