[Roadsters] stuck in reverse

Larry Braddock larrybraddock at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 20:36:25 MDT 2011

Hi

I had been having trouble with my 66 roadster. Sometimes it would be hard to
shift into any gear from neutral. It wouldn't even move to the right of 3rd
and 4th gear when trying to put it in reverse. I would jiggle the shift stick
around awhile, and then I could get it to pop over and down into reverse, and
after that, be able to shift normally.

Now though, it's stuck in reverse with the stick shifter in the neutral
position. No amount of "jiggling" will "fix" it.

Two questions; Does anyone know what the problem could be, and does it require
pulling the tranny to fix.

Thanks,
Larry B