[Roadsters] Non smog U20 SU needles True or False?

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon Jun 20 20:16:22 MDT 2011

Tom,

According to my Nissan parts book, N-25s were used in NAIS-equipped cars,
and N-17s were used in pre-emissions controlled cars.  I run N-17s in my '69
U20 from which I removed the NAIS system in 1972.

The complete NAIS system, including a working fan clutch, has been stored in
a box since 1972.  The engine had about 20,000 miles on it when I removed
the system prior to transplanting the motor into my '66 1600.  I suppose
it's time to put the system on eBay.

Gary