[Roadsters] battery not charging

Tim tputland at charter.net
Wed Jun 22 05:02:03 MDT 2011

"If the battery still lacks power to crank the engine then I would
suspect the battery as faulty."

The battery does take a full charge from a battery charger.

"If you see the battery terminal voltage increase with revs"

Well, I did manage to NOT test the battery at higher rpms so I don't
know if it this or not. I will check this when I get home.

"If the engine is running, when turning on the headlights you should see
a momentary dip of the ammeter needle to zero from +, then the needle
should recover to the + side to indicate charging."

The ammeter does not go + after turning on the headlights in the
situation. It does dip negative, but only goes back to center, not to
the positive side like it used to.

Thanks