[Roadsters] tie rod ends, the "shock"

Paul Bauman plhbauman at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 10:02:18 MDT 2011

I second the use of a good quality pickle fork. I must have bought the
same tool from Harbor Freight, because it was good for only a few ball
joints before the tines started bending. Picked up a replacement at
Junior's Tools in Santa Ana and as Fergus mentions, ba-da-bing. I did
use a few grade 8 nuts that fit the ball joint ends to sub for the good
nuts when banging on the tie rod ends, but other than that, things came
apart fine with a decent pickle fork.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600