[Roadsters] tie rod ends, the "shock"

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Oct 24 16:25:33 MDT 2011

I have a Harbor Freight pickle fork  and it never separated a single ball
joint.  Not only did the tines spread, the material actually galled.   I
keep it on the shelf above my workbench to remind me to fight the temptation
to read the Harbor freight flyer...

I bought a screw type separator and it has been "butta" ever since.

I also had a HF torque wrench that lied to me such that I snapped a rod
bolt....now I use a S-K indicator torque wrench....