[Roadsters] tie rod ends, the "shock"

Dewey Hahlbohm hahlbohmd at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 19:38:46 MDT 2011

Thanks to all that responded, I finally got the tie rods apart after 3 attempts.  The final effort was the power steering pulley puller, a C clamp with screw to push the bolt out of the tie rod end.

After reading others experiences with the pickle fork, I think the tines on the one I borrowed from O'Reilly's were too far apart.  The tie rod end separator from Car Quest was too big to fit on the fittings.  The C clamp did the trick.  Many good ideas, thanks all for your timely and wise advice.  Regards, Dewey