[Roadsters] temp gauge

robert k. smith rksmith46 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 17 18:03:21 MDT 2011

hi oliver, is this on a r16 eng. or a u-20 eng.? on a 2000 eng., ck. the block
that
the tenp. sender is screwed into, that it is grounded to the batt.  on a
r16(1600)
eng., ck. the voltage stabilizer near steering column. when the stabilizer is
at fault, usually the gas gauge doesnt work properly either. if you can
ground
the sensor wire, and the temp. gauge goes high, then the gauge, and stabilizer
are ok.
 yes you can ck. the sender with an ohm meter: attach one wire to
ground, and the other to the sender, and read the resist., cold and
hot. it should be different.  best of luck, bob smith, ohio