[Roadsters] Head Lights Out

Graeme Suckling graemes at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 17 19:01:21 MDT 2011

On 18/09/2011 3:33 AM, Paul Strahl wrote:
> Hey The lights on my 1970 1600 suddenly don't come on.
> Looking for any tips on
> likely culprits? Is there an in line fuse somewhere?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Paul S

On the _STOCK_ 1970 SPL, the headlamps are fed from two separate fuses,
HL and HR, 10A each.
Highly unlikely that they have both failed but check the integrity of
them anyway.
The Headlamps relay provides the _ground_ for both low and high beams
depending on the position of the Light Switch.
Have you lost both High and Low beams?
I would check the relay connections first to confirm ground applied to
the two Red/Yellow wires from the Light Switch.
The relay at rest should switch the ground to the Low beams from the switch.
If you don't see a ground on the relay terminals then you may have a
faulty switch on the dash.
Refer to the Tech Wiki site for a Wiring Schematic: -
http://www.311s.org/PDFs/1969-70%20Datsun%20SP%20L_R%20Sports%20Wiring%20Schematic%20rev9.pdf
<cid:part1.00030704.09010704 at internode.on.net>

--
Regards,