[Roadsters] more lightweight race roadster info

cour.jpeg at gmail.com cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:48:13 MDT 2011

Many years ago I had a newly-rebuilt 5-spd shipped from Sheeler's Rising Sun Racing in Ohio to a 'trusted' shop where I was going to have it installed in my '70 2L.

There was a good 6-month delay as to when they could take on the job, but they assured me the gearbox was safe. Fine by me, I was in an apartment and couldn't store it easily.

The same shop races at our local Summit Point.

Gearbox would become misplaced.  No one knew what happened to it. Vanished.  Probably still in someone's car somewhere.

I kicked myself for many years not keeping better track of it in the time frame, and Craig, I have to guess you're feeling the same way right about now.

Rub it in the dirt and move on, that's my advice. Saves having to carry poison around for the misdeeds of others.  You can control your part of it.

Paul/Annapolis

Another ~ZoltVolt~ wireless picture msg