[Roadsters] harmonic balancer rebuilder

Bill Cole datrock at centurytel.net
Sat Sep 24 20:41:52 MDT 2011

Hi Tim, on the strokers I've seen and worked on, they have used the 1600
front pully instead of the U20 balancer. The reason is the U20 balance
has a larger outer diameter than the 1600 pully. The u20 balancer  will
work but you will have to source a special size front seal to accomidate
the smaller 1600 timing cover hole and the larger diameter U20 balancer
to fit it. Don't ask how I found this out, I also have a stroker I'm
building. I just wanted to shed some light on the subject and maybe save
you from having the balancer rebuilt and then finding out that a
different size seal is needed... Bill