[Roadsters] Alternative to Bimetallic Strip Gauge Regulator?

RWM RWM at RWMann.com
Wed Jun 20 13:34:37 MDT 2012

Mike and John,

The module is an LM2596-based board from Suntek, but is widely available
in other configurations from other vendors:

Suntek P/N 14004271   $3.23  DC-DC Adjustable Step-down Power Module
LM2596  (free shipping; go figure)

I have it wired directly between the stock switched Ignition (~14V
input) and gauge power (8.2-8.3V output) spade lugs.

The "how to trim" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2nzwa2Rx2w

Gauges seem to work ideally at an indicated board output of 8.2-8.3 volts.

- Bob

P.S.  So I also have a Moss unit available if anyone with an
MGB/Triumph/Mini needs one.